1. `getElementById(id)`: This method returns an Element object representing the element whose `id` property matches the specified string.
2. `getElementsByClassName(className)`: This method returns a live HTMLCollection of elements with the given class name.
3. `getElementsByTagName(tagname)`: This method returns a live HTMLCollection of elements with the given tag name.
4. `getElementsByName(name)`: This method returns a NodeList of elements with the given name.
5. `querySelector(selector)`: This method returns the first Element within the document that matches the specified selector.
It should be noted that `querySelectorAll` returns a static (not live) NodeList representing a list of the document's elements that match the specified group of selectors. This method is often used for its ability to accept complex CSS selectors.